Windows 10 Upgrade Overview
Here are a few things you should be aware of
when considering your upgrade to Windows 10
- If you are using this computer for your business, you should check with your software providers to ensure your business software is compatible with Windows 10 before you start your installation process.
If you install Windows 10 and find your software does not work, the only thing we can do is re-install your old operating system and transfer the data.
- If your computer is on a Domain, or interacts with a server, the server must be running Server 2008 R2 or later. Windows 10 will not work with Server 2003.
- Once Windows 10 has been installed, you cannot un-install it or revert back to your old operating system after 30 days (and in some cases, not at all)
- Once the installation package is downloaded, it typically takes 60 – 90 minutes to complete the install
- If you would like for Franktronics to install your Windows 10 upgrade, you will need to reserve your copy through the Get Windows 10 app and have received the download link. You must have the download link before we can schedule an appointment to install Windows 10.