Tier 2 Computer Technician position Now Open
The primary objective of the Computer Technician is to perform computer installations, repairs and upgrading of hardware and software. As a computer technician you must be well-versed in computer systems and network functions. The ideal candidate will be able to work diligently and accurately and will possess a great problem-solving ability in order to fix issues and ensure functionality.
The goal is to install and maintain high quality networks and computer systems.
Properly document work being done on computers and report problems to management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Repair/upgrade a variety of standard personal computer systems and a variety of computer software.
- Remove software or viruses as needed/instructed.
- Work on computers either in-house or on-site.
- Communicate verbally and in writing between customers/visitors and relevant staff. Interpret and respond clearly and effectively to spoken requests over the phone or in person, and to verbal or written instructions.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and the general public
- Maintain and repair technological equipment (e.g. routers) or peripheral devices
- Install well-functioning LAN/WAN and other networks and manage components (servers, IPs etc.)
- Manage security options and software in computers and networks to maintain privacy and protection from attacks
- Perform regular upgrades to ensure systems remain updated
- Troubleshoot system failures or bugs and provide solutions to restore functionality
- Arrange maintenance sessions to discover and mend inefficiencies
- Type and word-process various documents and electronic information.
- Arrange and participate in meetings, conferences and team activities.
- Perform duties in an efficient, professional and courteous manner.
- May perform incidental office tasks such as answering phone; scheduling appointments; maintaining calendar; screening calls/visitors; cleaning; preparing forms; preparing and assembling presentation materials.
- Provide own transportation to and from office and to be on-time.
- Read maps and navigate your way to/from off-site jobs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Download the Tier 2 Technician Job Description.
Please read and follow the application requirements carefully. Incomplete application packages will not be accepted.
Visit our Careers page for more information and other job opportunities.