Part of the Franktronics Training Series
Introduction to computers covers a little bit of everything that will help improve your experiences with getting around any Windows based computer. The different Windows operating systems (OS) provide their own challenges to users, but most of these issues are easily resolved with a basic familiarization of the computer, which is also known as the PC (personal computer).
: This course is intended to help the novice and semi-experienced users become more comfortable with the many changes that have been made over the years.
No prerequisites. Just come in to class with a desire to learn!
By the end of this course, users should be able to understand what makes up a computer, the different Windows OS’s, make better use of the keyboard and mouse, safely navigating on the internet, protecting your information, and maybe even perform some customizations on your own PC.
Subjects that will be discussed (as time allows):
- Understand basic hardware computing terms
- Using the mouse, keyboard, and desktop to your advantage
- Be able to identify you PC connections and connect devices to a PC and modify device settings in this lesson.
- Comprehending the different Operating systems, Programs and Applications available on all PCs.
- Familiarization with your personal network and Internet basics
- Browsing the Web
- Understanding viruses and malware and how to protect your data
- Customizing your computer settings for a more pleasant experience
- Printing and how to connect to the printers available to you
- Understand and using files and folders in Windows Explorer
None; optionally, users can bring in their Windows laptop or tablets to follow along during class discussions.