Part of the Franktronics Training Series
Outlook is defined as an individual information manager from Microsoft. Outlook primarily is used for its email application but also has a calendar, task manager, contact manager, note taking, journal, and web browsing application.
: This course is intended to help both novice and experienced users become more familiar the multiple uses of Microsoft Outlook and what to expect with the changes in the different version of Outlook.
No prerequisites. Just come in to class with a desire to learn!
By the end of this course, users should be comfortable with sending and receiving emails, managing your time with Calendar and Tasks, get organized with your People contacts and customizing the interface on Outlook.
Subjects that will be discussed (as time allows):
- Discuss email and best methods for protecting your email account(s), creating backups, using multiple accounts/providers and setting up email in multiple programs/interfaces.
- Understanding the progression of Outlook software program within the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Working with email: Sending, Receiving, handling attachments, filtering and organizing with folders
- Basic troubleshooting techniques when things just don’t work quite right when using Outlook.
- Working with Calendar
- Working with Tasks
- Working with Notes
- Working with People (contacts)
- Using Outlook in your social networks
- How to best customize your email and Outlook desktop interface for the best experience possible.
None; optionally, users can bring in their Windows laptop or tablets to follow along during class discussions.